Latest:

Friday 8 July 2016

Why should you ditch Songs for Instrumental?

I have always felt that songs (with lyrics) stifle me. Probably it is because I look for something deeper in a song than just few funky beats.  All songs whether old or new are good to listen to if you are in a lighter mood. But instrumentals…

Once in a while when I came across an emotion that is difficult to feel or name, I used to forcibly try to flush out that feeling. We hardly have time for the subtle and mysterious. But in the last few days listening to Turkish, Japanese or any other music I have encountered sadness I never felt, joy never deserved, all abounds.

With this music, I was able to discover so much in me that those linear and binary definitions of emotions (happy-sad, compliant-defiant) seemed to fall in tatters. It became so infinitely simpler when I started to accept those discarded and blocked emotions. The best part of an instrumental is the unlimited creativity to imagine anything. You realize that life does not function in opposites. Because music and its pauses, the sound and silence are not contradictory rather complimentary to each other.

Maybe I needed a dose of music-with-no-lyrics and you something else to be receptive towards various shades of your personality. Really, those unimagined moments give you infinite peace and that too most simply. You do not need to search; but it will come to you by itself and open the floodgates to all the inhibitions, not-to-be-felt emotions, forbidden fantasies that we all conceal. I don’t suggest that you go on doing whatever you desire but at least acknowledge that it is human to be ‘evil’ sometimes, after all how would you be happy if you were never sad?


Written by Rishya Dharmani
"Life is not a mystery, as they say, rather it is simplicity itself. Unlearn, fail and realize the true joy."


 
Back To Top
For Editorial Submissions, Business Inquiries or any other query, do write to us at contact@reviewmantra.com

Copyright © 2017    ReviewMantra |  Terms of use  |  Privacy