Latest:

Monday 9 January 2017

4 Reasons Why Moms Are Awesome

I know what you’re thinking, reader. I know you’re probably mulling over the fact that I am writing the typical mom appreciation article, despite the fact that it’s not mother’s day today. Why? Why? Why? Because I figured out that given the amount of sacrifices that our mothers make for us, even if we thank them every single day we wouldn’t come across as grateful enough. So, let’s take a moment to appreciate the person who acts as our personal assistant (and much more) round the clock.

Food

As you all know, food always comes first, no matter what the discussion is about. And food is something we all need to thank our mothers for. No matter how tired, exhausted, irritated and worn out you are, one sniff of Ma’s Rajma Chawal and everything seems alright. Remember all those times when you had an unbearable headache and your mom would quickly brew a cup of Masala Chai? And all those days when, by the time you made your way home, it was past midnight, but your mom was still waiting to serve you hot mouthwatering food?


Laundry

All those who have done their laundry on their own (at some point in time) would know that laundry is like a never ending story. And what’s more, when we do it, the schedule goes something like this: sort ‘today’, wash ‘later’, fold ‘eventually’ and iron ‘ha ha ha’. And when mom does it, the whole (head-wrecking) process of laundry is over before you can even blink. And in most cases, she does it even better than you ever could. And the whites remain whites.


Genie

No, don’t look at me with eyes full of surprise. You read that right. Yes, I do think mothers are Genies in disguise. Cause remember that time when you wanted a new dress for the party, but your dad told you-you couldn’t spend money anymore? And then you tried that puppy dog face on your mom and she caved in and bought the perfect dress for you? What you might not know was that she bought it from the money she was saving for a saree to wear the next Diwali. And she might even get into trouble if your dad finds that she bought the dress for you.


Organizer

Well, let me be honest about one thing. I don’t know how many others do this, but I sure do this all the time. For me, my mom is like my daily planner. And to the extent that even though I live fifteen hundred miles away from her, I still call her and say, Mom could you remind me tomorrow to buy a notebook while I return from college? And surprisingly, I do not know how Moms have this miraculous ability to remember everything (absolutely everything). I, for instance, have had times when I would wake my mom up at 3 in the night and tell her to remind me to take my file to school the next day. And, not surprisingly, I would have completely forgotten about it the next morning. But, I know my mom would remember for sure.


I guess all I have to say is, Moms are awesome and make sure you appreciate them. And yes, to add that typical sentimental quote, I believe in love at first sight because I’ve been loving my mother since I opened my eyes. She doesn’t want you to gift an extravagant car, or build a lavish house, or buy an expensive saree, or give her the dazzling diamond necklace (although that would be nice), all she wants is to hear you say “THANK YOU”.



Written by Aneri Doshi
What makes my heart race? Books, Coffee and Rain


 
Back To Top
For Editorial Submissions, Business Inquiries or any other query, do write to us at contact@reviewmantra.com

Copyright © 2017    ReviewMantra |  Terms of use  |  Privacy