Latest:

Thursday 15 December 2016

The Story of a Forgotten Toy

Sobbing in the corner on a dark road, I lied. Unable to move, dressed in a showy dress, with an elaborate hairdo, tangled in the frills of my dress, I am lost. Where did you go, my lord! I am here, please find me. Lying in this dark ally, in the dirt of a cement jungle.

Oh! Now I see, Beary the bear use to tell me, your day will come. You will be a forgotten toy one day. Lana will get a new toy. And like us, you will be a forgotten toy.

I never believed them. I thought you loved me. You use to change my dress every day; you use to comb my hair every day. And what about the times when you hugged me and slept in that fat cozy blanky. Help me! Somebody, please help me! I don’t know where I am! Somebody, please take me to my lord! You cannot leave me here Lana. I was your favorite toy. You bought me with all the love.

Don’t you remember those days Lana?

When you were sad and you held me to cry on my shoulder. When you use to save me from those envy eyes for that you had me, when we use to play together and when we use to share those dreams!

The years went by and we stayed strong. It’s been ten years we have stayed together. How can you leave me here in this dark alley? That cat will take me away to nowhere. I don’t know where she will take me, very far from you.

What is happening! Why are the buildings around me melting? Why is that cat growing in size? The burning head is coming towards me. Those big red eyes are staring at me in fury. Where did the floor vanish, I am falling! Deep into the dark ally. It’s like a black hole. It has no light on the other end. Falling infinitely.

Where am I? Am I alive? I can still see those big red eyes staring at me in fury. In the same black ally! But what happened? What is happening! The water beneath me is evaporating. It is so hot over here. The land is yellow. I cannot see the end of the land. Everything is hazy. The sun is hot. Shining right above me.

Stay away from me! What are you doing big-yellow-creature with a hump on its back! Stay away from! Where are you taking me! I have to go back to Lana! She needs me! She loves me! Stay away from me!

I woke up scared and confused. Phew! That was just a dream.

I need a new toy mommy, I am bored of her. Get me a new toy mommy, said Lana. What just happened! Lana is talking to mom to get her a new toy. Mom, you have such a pretty doll Lana, why do you need another one? I don’t want to play with her, she is old and floozy. I need a new one on my birthday. Please get me a new one.

That was not just a dream.



Written by Ashna Garg
Ashna grew up in a jazzy town (where she felt she can never fit in), did graduation in economics (where she didn’t fit either) and she writes (where she finally started to feel like she fits in)


 
Back To Top
For Editorial Submissions, Business Inquiries or any other query, do write to us at contact@reviewmantra.com

Copyright © 2017    ReviewMantra |  Terms of use  |  Privacy