Latest:

Monday 2 January 2017

What Are 3 Things You Can't Live Without?

Okay, so I am not talking about this in a, I can’t live without you, because if I live without you, how can I live without my heart kind of way. Nor am I talking about this in a You know how people say you can’t live without love? Well, OXYGEN is more important way. But here are some things/habits which have such a monumental part in my life, that their absence would take the sunshine out of my days.

#1. Reading

I love reading, absolutely. There isn’t much you would know about me if you do not know about my love for reading. Just as Donald Miller says, I fell in love for books. Some people find beauty in music, some in painting, some in the landscape, but I find it in words. By beauty, I mean the feeling you have suddenly glimpsed another world, or looked into a portal that reveals a magic or romance out of which the world has been constructed, a feeling there is something more than mundane and a reason for our plodding.

Hours could pass by, and you would see me in the same place, with a book in my hand, completely unaware of the passing time. There was a time in my life when there was nothing for me in life except books and reading has helped me endure much more than everything else ever could. As a result of it, I am a book addict now. Be it while having meals, between classes, while doing an assignment or during those five minutes before sleep, I always manage to sneak in books into my daily routine.


#2. Writing

Writing is something else that I simply have to do every single day. Writing is a sort of therapy for me. Beautifully quoted by Enid BagnoldWho wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything... It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.

It doesn’t matter whether my writings are perfect or not, I just need to vent out my frustrations, share my sorrows and celebrate my triumphs and writing gives me to share all of it, without the fear of being judged.


#3. Cleaning

Cleaning is something I’m obsessed with.  I go by the policy that if my life is a mess, at least my room should be organized.

Don’t get my wrong. I am a person who is completely okay with the creative mess (In fact, you wouldn’t want to step foot in my room while I’m painting).

So, what are 3 things you can't live without?




Written by Aneri Doshi
What makes my heart race? Books, Coffee and Rain


 
Back To Top
For Editorial Submissions, Business Inquiries or any other query, do write to us at contact@reviewmantra.com

Copyright © 2017    ReviewMantra |  Terms of use  |  Privacy