Latest:

Thursday 21 July 2016

Why do we need to READ?

Often we see a lot of discussion about why should we read books. Not just books, even newspapers or anything that’s good for you. Here I am with the reason; books or any source of information helps you to grow, not just mentally but intellectually as well. Some people find it boring while some just flip through the pages like they have been forced to read. But I feel that if you don’t read you don’t discover your inner imagination and creativity.

There are even books that tell you how to read a book but the simple answer is that by reading you not only improve your writing skills and English but also increase your vocabulary. Start with the book that attracts you or is of your interest. Be it a love story, fiction, sci-fi or self-help literature, each genre is worth giving a try.

I had no interest in reading books but I got a gift from my grandmother on my birthday, must say the most valuable gift till date which was a book titled The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, a self-help book. It not only changed my thought process but made me believe in myself, I gained more confidence and focused on the positive aspects of life. After The Secret, I started venturing with more genres. After that I started reading love stories, though I never had an interest in fiction I still gave a chance to some of the books. After reading different genres not only I could write better but it also made me more creative and imaginative.

Now I come to the topic of what sorts of books we should read. Well, the first thing is that don’t finish every book you start because your time is precious too. If you feel that a book is not worth reading, leave it and start with another one. But again don’t stop; focus on expanding and improving your own library. As Francis Bacon said "Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and few to be chewed" that is, some books are to be read but only in parts, others to be read, but not curiously and some few books to be read wholly, with diligence and attention.

I am a devoted student of self-help literature and I have heard a lot of saying that how can a book teach you how to live? Well, it's true that a book cannot teach how to lead your life but it can give you positivity, some good tips by which you can make your life better, hope and obviously knowledge.

So, never in life judge a book by its cover. Read it and explore it.



Written by Chayanika Singh
Unique name right? Well, I am a big time foodie and a travel junkie but I also love to write about serious issues and problems all over the world. Sometimes my write-ups will be of great joy and sometimes they’ll make you think about issues.


 
Back To Top
For Editorial Submissions, Business Inquiries or any other query, do write to us at contact@reviewmantra.com

Copyright © 2017    ReviewMantra |  Terms of use  |  Privacy